Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subject... huh? I'd argue it's more fun than the last two. (no spoilers)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=107551&mesg_id=107585
107585, ... huh? I'd argue it's more fun than the last two. (no spoilers)
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Nov-08-12 03:22 PM
The tone of it isn't nearly as dark as the tone Nolan sets for the Batmans, if that's what you're suggesting in regards to the "fun police." Nor should it be-- Bond is meant to be fun. And this one is LOADS of fun. Just because the plotline is more "personal" than usual Bond plots doesn't make it morose or overly serious.

I mean, shit, he beds more women in this one than the last two combined, and I'd say there are more quips in this film than the last two as well. I found myself laughing out loud a *lot.*

The star of them is Roger Deakins. The lighting in particular is phenomenal. Many of those sequences are among the most gorgeous of the year.

Bardem is terrific too as a very different villain than his usual fare. Again, loved it.

I really loved the film overall and thought it was an absolute blast. Not sure why you'd think people would find it to be "dark." Because Bond grows beard stubble? Because MI-6 struggles? *shrug* Still plenty of action, one-liners, and treacherous monologues throughout all of that.