Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectThe ptp fun police are gonna have a field day with this one
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=107551&mesg_id=107574
107574, The ptp fun police are gonna have a field day with this one
Posted by jigga, Thu Nov-08-12 10:24 AM
I liked it. But it's dark, depressing & lacking a lot of the usual Bond quips. Some of them are still there but they just didn't really work as well here.

The cast worked their ass off & everyone impressed. Daniel Craig still dominates & displays great range throughout. Whishaw's Q left a bit to be desired but I'm sure he'll grow into the role in the future. Fiennes & Finney owned their limited screen time. Bérénice Marlohe is one of the better Bond boos in recent memory. Glad to see her attached to the next Malick movie. That damn dame Judi Dench is so good she takes a lot of the focus away from Bardem. Silva's no Chigurh, but there's 2 scenes that stand toe to toe. The rest is more run of the mill rogue gallery villainy. Naomie Harris is a highlight delight.

Good score & cinematography. Awesome opening action sequence & a few other exciting set pieces as well. The Shanghai segment might've been my favorite.

*mini spoiler below*

Since it looks like Harris will be back in a familiar role, as good as Craig is & has been so far, I couldn't help but hope to see Idris step in to take over after. It seems like they're starting to go in new direction but it also looks like Craig has at least another 2 flicks under his belt. Let Danny Boyle & Chris Nolan direct those next two & then bring on The Black Bond (c)Nas