Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectthis kind of reminded me of something
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=107141&mesg_id=107202
107202, this kind of reminded me of something
Posted by Dr Claw, Thu Dec-13-12 03:08 AM
>i kinda shuttered during Inglorious when all the white people
>were laughing at the king kong joke. I felt belittled,
>isolated, and slightly offended. not saying this reaction is
>universal or even the "right" reaction, but it's how i felt.

full disclaimer: I don't go out to movies very often at all. getting me in the theater is like pulling teeth. however, after much "screening" you can somehow convince me to sit down and watch a film.

that being said, one of those rare times was going to see South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut. I ain't even want to really see the shit, but did any way cause my boys insisted.

I found it amusing, but there was one scene where I noticed a lot of white laughter: the "human shield" scene. Now I kind of smirked at it, because I got the joke -- they were making fun of the racist "black folks die first" trope. it's one of those things to which I'd rather nod, than laugh.

but these motherfuckers were laughing like shit. like, "this shit is funny to y'all?"

later on, when that one kid (who says outrageous things; he wasn't a regular cast member... think the character was named Mole or something) was like, "where's your God? Where's that fucking (effwurd) now?"

Dogg.

I laughed my ass off. Dude basically called God the Neo F-Word right there, front and center.

None of those motherfuckers were laughing.

I still thought that was the funniest "shock" scene in the entire film.

in any case, I remember watching that shit, wondering "damn... what do white folks laugh at nowadays"