Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectThis post is already boring and kinda sad.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=107141&mesg_id=107183
107183, This post is already boring and kinda sad.
Posted by Frank Longo, Fri Dec-07-12 01:25 PM
No offense to OE or Zoo. I can just kinda see how the next 300 replies are gonna play out.

Someone likes it --> two or three posters who also liked it comment snarkily about how OE is going to reply, OE replies predictably, etc

Someone hates it --> OE replies how they're being honest, they're not ashamed to go against the grain, etc. Maybe some people who liked it have a question or two about the person who hated it's perception, which will then lead to OE replying to THAT directly

No one in particular is to blame-- it's just kinda how Tarantino posts are destined to end up at this point. The divisiveness of his particular aesthetic combined with the nature of online message boards.

And I'm not even a big Tarantino fan. And I've contributed in the past to posts like this one. Generally, when it comes to Tarantino flicks, I'm usually *more* on OE's side than the positive side.

It's just the predictability of it at this point is all. And it sort of distracts from any and all valid critical points that may sneak its way into this post somehow.

Anyway. I'll come back to this post December 26th, to drop my review. By then this post will be double plat and the movie won't even have opened. Sigh.

Now if you'll excuse me, it's time for some people to reply to this reply that the reason these posts are like this is because of OE, time for OE to reply to this reply saying what's really boring and kinda sad is how predictable QT fanboys are, and time for me to leave.

Love you guys.