Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectOooh, y'all gon' be maaaaaadd....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=107141&mesg_id=107156
107156, Oooh, y'all gon' be maaaaaadd....
Posted by ZooTown74, Fri Dec-07-12 01:32 AM
I, for one, enjoyed it very much. It was darkly funny. Literally and figuratively. Foxx is a badass. Leo and Christoph were fantastic. Sam Jack nailed the live-action version of Uncle Ruckus. And Kerry's very pretty.

I agree with bwood regarding the laughter.

I disagree with bwood regarding whose story it is. In fact, about 2/3 of the way through I said to myself, "THAT's the reason Will Smith turned it down." Django is the reason the movie exists, as everything happens because of the goals he has to reach, but to me it was really Dr. King Schultz's movie to carry. Or maybe I'm confusing shit-tons of dialogue with story weight. Dunno.

And yes, the N-word is prevalent. As is a LOT of blood. I'm really shocked this didn't get the NC-17.

Some of you will be ready to tear Quentin a new one. You can go right ahead. Story faults aside, I enjoyed the shit outta this, though there were times when I wished I was the only one in the auditorium.