Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectDjango Unchained (Tarantino, 2012) *SPOILERS*
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=107141&mesg_id=107141
107141, Django Unchained (Tarantino, 2012) *SPOILERS*
Posted by bwood, Fri Dec-28-12 08:49 AM
So yeah this was excellent. Opening with the OG Django theme was awesome. Let's get this straight though Christoph Waltz does own the movie, but that does not diminish the other performances and characters. This is Django's story.

For those who read the script know that alot has been taken out or changed. I for one am happy that the rape is gone and also that whole sequence with the Scotty character and Calvin chasing a naked Broomhilida around a hotel are gone.

At three hours (I'm sorry 2 hours and 20 minutes) it moves and flies by. Black people beware, there's gonna be moments where white people are gonna be laughing and I was cringing. And they'll be moments were I was laughing and white people weren't (I was howling when Django whips the shit out of slavehand before shooting him down).

As for the soundtrack, it's awesome. Having one of the shootouts during a James Brown/Tupac mashup was brilliant. Also, the use of Anthony Hamilton and John Legend was perfect in this film and used at the right moments. So was Johnny Cash. I would say though they used the Rick Ross song in a bad spot and to me it could've been used better. Also, there's a new song by The RZA that's played over the credits that makes me wonder why it isn't on the soundtrack.

All in all, this film had me grinning more than it did cringing. And I loved the shit out this movie. If you love spaghetti Westerns, you're gonna love this. I still this QT could've calmed down on the nigger usage but it's EXTREMELY calmed down from what was in the script and for that my I'm happy.