Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectIts rare you can point only at the writers for ruining a movie
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=106775&mesg_id=106993
106993, Its rare you can point only at the writers for ruining a movie
Posted by BigReg, Mon Jun-11-12 12:49 PM
Ridley was on point.*
The actors were on point (and actually fleshed some characterization out of the shreds they were given).

But outside of the basic plot, everything was a fail as a script. People have pointed out a few of the flaws above so no need to go over it again....it was just frustrating watching characters move around strictly because the writers thought of 'great' set pieces or scenes but couldn't figure out a way to work them in logically, lol.

The secret is only a very small amount of Sci-Fi movies pass the test under the magnifying glass...if you look too closely it's not hard to make the logic fall apart(which is why that fake SMS critique of the movie is unfair). However with all the things that make a good movie(plot, characters), throw in some special effects along with some solid future leaning philosophical ideas and you get classic sci-fi. And that's what us nerds really ask for; a good movie, lol.

As much flack as people gave Inception after the fact, it was a MUCH tighter film even with wider plot holes and not as strong set-pieces and performances. It's because the characters behaved the way you expected them to...which is why they could sell preposterious bullshit like 'dreams within a dreams withing a dream, while dreaming another dream'.

Fucking Prometheus has so many great ideas I REALLY REALLY want to believe, and those fucking hack writers robbed me of being able to suspend my belief by how dumb they think we are.

*The old man seemed like a dude in really bad makeup though...I don't get that choice as opposed to getting a seasoned elderly actor