Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectThe problem is that's not on the screen. (spoiler rebuttal)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=106775&mesg_id=106970
106970, The problem is that's not on the screen. (spoiler rebuttal)
Posted by Frank Longo, Sun Jun-10-12 08:55 AM
All that stuff about Jesus and the Engineers' backstory and everything else? Not on screen.

In fact, the only time it becomes clear what the Engineers' plan is is when Idris Elba runs on screen and clunkily announces it.

The article also doesn't explain why the enemy's powers have zero rules. Sometimes they're snake aliens. Other times they make people fall apart. Other times they make people super-strong alien zombie guys. Other times they create aliens inside barren wombs. Other times they make little alien worms appear in people's eyeballs.

The article also doesn't explain why characters suddenly change their minds. Best example I can think of: the dude in glasses who wants NOTHING to do with aliens, so much that he leaves the crew to wander in a cave by himself without the map, but when they see an alien mere hours later, he's joking around and trying to touch it. Zero sense.

Unfortunately this is one of those movies where the dumb senseless stuff sinks the smarter ideas the film possesses. It's either the smartest dumb film I've seen or the dumbest smart film I've seen. It's like you can feel a dumb writer trying to inject things that make no sense into a smart script.