Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectI thought it was great
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=106775&mesg_id=106947
106947, I thought it was great
Posted by benny, Sat Jun-09-12 08:49 PM
not as great as it thinks it is, but still there's a lot to like. Maybe my fave studio movie so far this year, it manages to ask some questions that usually belong in Malick movies, without the pedantry (I love Malick but Tree Of Life was a little over-the-top in that aspect). Speaking of which those opening shots in Iceland were spectacular.
Definitely some loose ends in the plot, but I was so taken by the flick that i missed if any of them were glaring. Fassbender and Rapace were fantastic, but really all the actors were good (special shout-out to Ryan Atwood's big bro. I have no idea how he finagled that part but he nailed it).
I gotta say i'm very happy with my decision to stay away from all the videos and spoilerific info that have been showing up on movie blogs these part months. I kinda hate how much Hollywood tries to oversell flicks these days, but I guess I must be in the minority.