Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectI loved it!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=106393&mesg_id=106637
106637, I loved it!
Posted by SankofaII, Mon May-07-12 11:16 AM
it was slow in the beginning but they did have to set up all of the relationships between characters and their various storylines and backstories with each other and themselves, etc.

but that was ok. the movie was well written and you (at least I didn't) didn't mind the slow build up.

a few things:

shout out to Cleveland, Ohio being used as a stand in for Stuttgart, Germany. props to the location and set designers who worked on that transformation.

--Jeremy Renner: nothing personal, but he's not a leading man. *great* supporting/character actor. But, leading man? No. He was great as Hawkeye...i think he'd be fine from here on out doing character/supporting work. But, watching him in this movie...yea, i'm sure the bourne reboot will be fine. but, i just can't see him carrying a movie well...

But, it was a really good movie. One i'd gladly see quite a few times also and *will* be getting the BlueRay/DVD when it comes out.

Plus, great writing by Zak Penn and Joss Whedon. Say what you want, but I breathe a sigh of a relief as a writer seeing Joss Whedon's name under the Written By/Story By title card..because he's fucking amazing at writing charaters and writing period.

Great movie.