Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectreally enjoyed this
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=105846&mesg_id=106342
106342, really enjoyed this
Posted by The Goldng Child, Mon Jul-30-12 02:41 PM
i admittedly don't know enough about film making or cinematography to judge its merits as movie in a historical sense, like those comparing it to godfather or whatever; but as a batman story, i thought tdkr (and the entire series) was great.

it presented the characters in a manner that was respectful to the source material, i found the story across the 3 movies to flow together in an engaging and exciting manner, and after 2 viewing, tdkr has good replay value. basically, if i read the entire trilogy as a graphic novel, i'd be extremely pleased. i look forward to how future treatments for the character will be done. movies that further emphasize batman's detective skills, or his fighting ability, or his ability to whoop on superman would all be welcome for me.

the mere fact that the movie is being placed on such a pedestal for praise/criticism is interesting. but i'll just say that this was an excellent batman story, and keep it moving.