Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectI saw it yesterday
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=105846&mesg_id=106328
106328, I saw it yesterday
Posted by handle, Sun Jul-29-12 10:41 AM
(I took some friends who saw it a week before.)

I liked it better than BB and TDK but it was still a silly movie.

For the record, I understood about 95% of Bane's dialog. My friends , who had seen it a week ago and complained that they couldn't understand about 40% of Bane's dialog then, said that they also understood about 95% of the dialog. I think this may be a technical issue is some theathres.

They said they couldn't understand about 50% of what Alfred was saying at their first showing because of the music that played behind him and that this showing corrected that issue.

Some questions:
They blow the bridges in New York but no one gets on a boat/ferry and leaves?

Why did the knife in Batman's side stop him cold from fighting against a petite girl while she was talking at him, but then he's okay to fly out the Bat about 30 seconds later?

Where was the government response? I am absolutely sure they'd have set off a small nuclear explosion to take out the bomb, or had some kind of response.

Why didn't the decoy trucks / convoy ever notice that a group of cops walking around with a device that looked like the ectoplasm detector from ghostbusters?

Why didn't the driver of the truck with the bomb ever look out of his mirrors and notice that Gary Oldman was in the back?

Why did they block the tunnels with a single layer of cars? Maybe 8 layers would have been a better deterrent/barrier?

Why didn't

Hated this:
Bane's Winnie-the-Pooh / Darth Vader voice.
The laughably bad fight scenes between Bane and Batman. I felt no danger at all. (And after bane punches Batman in the mouth 6 times - should Batman's teeth be damaged in some way?)
The recovery from a very bad back in 4-14 weeks.
The improved broad jump because of "really wanting to live." (Yes, the rope could have weighed too much - but how did a kid 3 feet shorter than batman make the jump?)
The horrible exposition.
The over the top music.
The fact that 80% of the dialog sounded/looked looped. (IF large format IMAX can't be used for talkies then don't use it.)

The Good:
JGL.
Anne Hathaway.

It was worth the 6 dollars I paid to see it.