Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectWhy did Batman trust Tate so much while knowing so little about her?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=105846&mesg_id=106246
106246, Why did Batman trust Tate so much while knowing so little about her?
Posted by soulfunk, Tue Jul-24-12 08:44 AM
He was able to run a full background check on Selina Kyle in 60 seconds, but he knows NOTHING of the background of someone that is on the board at Wayne Enterprises and he gives full control of the company to? He sees the scar on her back after smashing and even tells her that he knows nothing about her when saying he assumed she was from a rich family?

And why during the twist at the end when he finds out who she is does she spend five minutes explaining that twist to him and her background? I hate when films do this, it's lazy writing to have the villain give a speech about their plot to the main character (but REALLY just explaining it for the audience.)

Bane's death was cheap. He was a GREAT character up until that point, he deserved a better end.

I knew JGL was Robin as soon as he hit the screen.

Catwoman was actually one of the best things about the movie. Probably because they didn't try to explain a back story.

I guess that all my issues with the film can be summed up in this - the inconsistent level of plot depth. You have certain aspects of the film that make you think - there is foreshadowing and clues to certain twists. But then there are other aspects that require you to turn your brain off because of the plot holes. A film needs to be true to the rules of it's universe...if it has a consistent suspension of disbelief then small plot holes aren't going to matter. But if you set up a level of realism and depth to the plot in some parts, but then completely gloss over plot issues in other parts, those plot holes are gonna stick out like a sore thumb.