Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectRE: the folks that are over-praising it are making me hate it more
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=105846&mesg_id=106198
106198, RE: the folks that are over-praising it are making me hate it more
Posted by Amenace, Mon Jul-23-12 03:54 PM
Im going to agree here. I am the biggest Chris Nolan apologist on the planet, but the plot holes in this movie were massive.

Batman fights Bane, gets his back broken. Bane apparently charters a secret jet to take Bruce to Burma or wherever the prison was, drops him off there - then hustles back to Gotham to make a 1pm kickoff. Batman is magically healed via palm thrust + Crossfit, then escapes the dumbest prison ever - where if one person escapes they can then throw a rope down to all the other prisoners, allowing them to rape and pillage the nearby countryside.

Then, Bruce teleports back into Gotham City, a city now cut off from the world and guarded by the military. Once inside, Bruce meets up with Lucius and has the following exchange.

Lucius: How does it fly? (in reference to "The Bat")
Bruce: Pretty good - EVEN WITHOUT THE AUTOPILOT.

Here, Bruce's character just decides to be a proactive liar and randomly just b.s. Lucius about the autopilot working..

Why you ask? Well that is because Bruce knew that he would attack Bane, that he would nearly kill Bane while gargling loudly and unintelligibly... he knew that Talia Al Ghul would stab him, he also knew while he was talking to Lucius that Commissioner Gordon would also make it to the core to jam the signal from the detonator. In addition he knew that there would be a chase through the streets with the Bat, Talia, and the bomb. He ALSO knew that once they caught up to her, she would flood the tunnel. He ALSO knew that when he finally got to that point, he would need to make a fake suicide run with the bomb.

THAT IS WHY HE PROACTIVELY LIED TO LUCIUS!! Batman does have a superpower, it is a mind melting degree of perception, able to predict even the most absurd variables to a pinpoint degree of accuracy.

Also, Robin's name isnt Robin - come on Chris. Might as well name him Bruce Batman, and Catherine Woman.

Meh.