Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectOther than you have a serious problem with subjective opinions and
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=105846&mesg_id=106155
106155, Other than you have a serious problem with subjective opinions and
Posted by ZooTown74, Sun Jul-22-12 04:33 PM
are disturbingly obsessed with what I'm typing here and in other places on the OkayPlayer message boards?

Nothing much at all.

You *are* upset that others liked this "fundamentally flawed" movie. That's pretty much a fact at this point.

And (figuratively) crying out "but help me understand!!!!!" is doing nothing but annoying me with its false pretense of the quest for knowledge and discussion.

You've tried to "challenge" me and others about why we liked it, when it's been pretty clear that you're going to dismiss as dumb and stupid (and whatever other tired homosexual references you can think of) whatever we type. In what world do you think people want to actually engage and indulge in that kind of shit?

You keep trying and trying and trying to get someone (me) to "discuss" and debate liking the movie with you, when your whole intent is to troll, call people variations of the word "stupid," then flip and accuse others of "mudslinging."

Not answering your fake-intellectual and somewhat arrogant pleas to explain ourselves does not make us stupid, or retarded, or (*gasp*) gay for the director. You ARE trolling, you've done nothing much but troll for the length of this entire post, and are repeatedly trying (and failing) to present yourself as some sort of Dark Knight Rises intellectual martyr, the guy who is daring to go against the grain of the groupthink and challenge the intellectually fraudulent hierarchy (me) as to the reasons why they believe that a film that you swear is "fundamentally flawed" (which is an opinion, btw) is better (another opinion) than you want to believe.

You think that with every ignored question you're presenting, you're somehow "exposing" those who actually liked the film as non-thinking, "director dick-riding" sheep, because surely, anyone who has a brain can see that it's a "fundamentally flawed" film and if you don't, it's because you (insert tired homosexual sex reference here) Christopher Nolan, not to mention are also "mentally deficient," and are in favor of groupthink. And if we were actually willing to sit up and engage you in a spirited debate and defense of The Dark Knight Rises, why it would just prove that... well, it wouldn't prove very much, actually. For the reasons I've stated in about... 4 posts now.

Your schtick is tired, bro. Give it up. Finding new and creative ways to call me an intellectual fraud just because I refuse to play ball with you and your bullshit doesn't prove much of anything, except that you've got a serious problem and should probably log off to handle it.

>what other conclusion can we draw but that you are
>dick-riding the director and/or caught up in the hype?