Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectThere's absolutely NO point engaging TS, and why is pretty clear
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=105846&mesg_id=106125
106125, There's absolutely NO point engaging TS, and why is pretty clear
Posted by lc ceo, Sun Jul-22-12 07:26 PM
>Although I do have to agree with Star that people haven't
>really engaged his issues (or I missed the post perhaps)

For what? Why would anyone? His head is wedged too far up his ass to discuss anything with. His whole steeze is he's just flat out smarter for not liking it. Hell, I've got my own issues with it (especially after a second showing), but he's not even remotely reasonable. His whole "sit the fuck down, shut the fuck up" and his talk about how people with certain opinions (i.e, ones he disagrees with) warrant such talk. Not because of the way anyone has spoken to him, but because of their opinions. Don't sit here and tell me with a straight face that that is even worth engaging in honestly for a second.

>that from the jump he's just been dismissed as a hater.

LOL it's NOT BECAUSE OF HIS OPINIONS. How are you not getting this? How is this lost on you? IT'S RIGHT THERE IN THE POSTS!!!

>Granted, his recent posts aren't doing much the assuage that
>hater opinion but the main points of people who are critical
>of this film haven't really been addressed.

Like I said, he's proven there's no point in engaging with him about the film. None. His attitude and verbiage make that a fruitless endeavor if you don't see shit his way. You don't see it because you agree with him.

>in the end, I don't think they can be. The flaws are legit but
>some people can overlook them. I liked Avengers despite it
>being flawed; I had fun. Others didn't have fun and I could
>see how they thought the movie sucked because it was, indeed,
>flawed.

LOL find me all these movies that aren't flawed. Dig 'em up. Let's talk about all these flawless movies. If we're talking about liking movies despite their flaws, well hell, we'll be here forever.

>I feel like I'm on the other end of it on this one; I (and I
>think OE and Star and RJ) found the movie boring so all of the
>flaws became glaring and made a boring film worse for us.

Fine. Cool. Lovely. Are you telling people to shut up, or more or less saying you're just flat out smarter than everyone who likes it, or that you (unlike them) can think for yourself? No, you're not....but it is really fucking weird that you're defending the guy who is as though he's just having a civil, friendly, tactful discussion in which he just happens to disagree.... which is bullshit.

So far as OE, his mind was made up the day he read that the movie was being MADE. I put no stock in anything he says and won't bother engaging him because his mind was made up before a solitary frame was shot.