Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectIt was incredible. Probably my favorite action flick of all time.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=105846&mesg_id=105925
105925, It was incredible. Probably my favorite action flick of all time.
Posted by Triptych, Fri Jul-20-12 06:15 AM
Major SPOILERS below...

My gripes are so fucking minor but:

- I was annoyed Batman got stabbed in the pancreas and it didnt' affect him at ALL.
- I thought the re-emergence of Wayne rising from the pit could have been done a bit better. He didn't really *change* after going through the purification of the soul / rebirth that the prison was meant to represent.
- I was slightly annoyed that no one put 2 & 2 - fuck it 1 & 1 - together and realized the only person who could POSSIBLY be Batman was Bruce Wayne. Robin figured it out as a kid...
- The Bat Bike fucking sucks. I hate that thing and it got way too much screen time.
- Kinda ho-hum fist fights.
- Bane's death was anti-climatic and kinda cheap.
- Catwoman mostly annoyed me.
- The incredible coordination and collusion necessary to infiltrate the top levels of Wayne Enterprises, defraud the stock market for billions, and time Gotham's isolation to the second could not have been performed by the same group that drove the bomb around in a lightly guarded unlocked truck for like two months.
- It wasn't really explained how Bane got his crew of true believers together.

The raves are far too numerous to mention...

- Some of the best pursuit scenes I can remember. The bat bike annoys me but the editing and pace of the scenes are some of the best in recent memory.
- The Bat is probably my favorite piece of bat transit ever and every scene it was in was amazing.
- All of the acting was pretty great.
- Fantastic writing in the prison scenes.
- Everything Bane said.