Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectI just can't clap to the ending. SPOILERS.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=105846&mesg_id=105923
105923, I just can't clap to the ending. SPOILERS.
Posted by lc ceo, Fri Jul-20-12 06:01 AM
Not a criticism, because I thought it was a good way to end the trilogy.

I'm just bothered because, well.... it REALLY made me want to see what happens next, mostly with Blake. I held out hope that I'd see him really get in the fight as you-know-who, or even take on Azrael's role from Knightfall. I knew it was highly, highly unlikely, but wanted it still. That said, the audience- myself included- erupted at the reveal I'm sure most of us either saw coming, or at the very least, hoped would be the case. Absolutely satisfied with that. I just want more, specifically of Blake as Robin/Nightwing, as seen through Nolan's eyes. Knowing that's not coming is sort of a letdown.

In that regard, I would've preferred more finality. Again, that's not a criticism, because leaving me wanting more is a good thing, obviously... but it's somewhat maddening that Blake got the Batcave and I don't get to see what comes of that inheritance.

More later on the movie itself, but the bottom line for me was rather simple: every character delivered and the movie moved along at an excellent pace. Loved it. I have critiques, but they're mostly nitpicking (eh... I'd think that nuke would've fucked up a LOT of shit, even in the water like that, though it's better than destroying the city like it would have...) brought that contaminated water to land, and tor elements that simply made me want more (I wanted more Catwoman) or flew in the face of a personal preference that has no bearing on my enjoyment of the movie itself (I hate that Wayne lost everything, I really do, though it served the story well...).

Had a blast, loved it, and I'll see it again tomorrow night.