Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectJust came back from the screening.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=105846&mesg_id=105861
105861, Just came back from the screening.
Posted by Deluge, Tue Jul-17-12 05:44 AM
It's a solid 9 out of 10.
Let's be clear, it's not the best movie ever but for me it's close to the best comic book movie ever. Or better yet, this trilogy is the best comic book movie (series) ever. I think it's highly important to see all 3 movies as 1 big film/story.

What Nolan & co. did IMO is basically create their own graphic novel. We take graphic novels such as The Dark Knight Returns as standalone stories too, this trilogy may break that mold for comic book films.

Every actor brings it. Hardy is amazing, and in case you're worried about it... he looks HUGE. It's also clear how strong Bane really is, but again without spoiling anything that's all I can say about that. Hathaway is the perfect Selina Kyle/Catwoman if you're a fan of her comic book counterpart. And Bale? Bale is truly one of the finest actors around right now, he did an amazing job.

If you kept yourself spoiler free, the ending will be unexpected and controversial. The only real complaint I have is that Selina's friend wasn't called Holly when that's basically who she was.