Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjecta place for everything...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=105846&mesg_id=105852
105852, a place for everything...
Posted by CyrenYoung, Mon Jul-16-12 09:57 PM
..and everything in its place.

i really found myself @ a loss. not for words, but just tryin' to navigate a review that didn't involve spoilers.

hell, i'm STILL hesitant to REALLY post my thoughts on the film, 'cause i wanna dive right into the convos that will undoubtedly rise following the official opening of this film.

"..an ENTIRE THEATER chantin' for an ENCORE..."

until now, that was the only thing i could honestly say without ruinin' this for everyone else.

the acting: balanced

you got what you needed from each character (and then some), without anyone over-doin' it.

the action: w O w .

kick-arse in every category. i STILL have my reservations regarding the football field (hey, i never said the film was perfect), but i understand driving home the point of absolute carnage.

the pace: this film MOVES. constantly engagin' the audience from all aspects. anyone complainin' about the length of this film is crazy.

the dialogue: witty, sly, and at times comical.

in an age where blockbuster action films barely make an effort to maintain any semblance of a plot, this narrative dares to match the action.

the score: on point.

great sequencing. the pulse of this film is heavy, and the score underlines that brilliantly.

also, without comparing this to any other franchise: it is one of the most complete forms of entertainment you will find in modern times.

hell, i'm not much for sequels. yet, nolan found a way to create films that could very easily stand alone AND seamlessly links each storyline as a complete franchise.

if they never make another film together, this is more than enough to serve as a respectable close to a wonderful reign.

..and miles to go before i sleep...