Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectThe Dark Knight Rises (Nolan, 2012) (SPOILERS)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=105846&mesg_id=105846
105846, The Dark Knight Rises (Nolan, 2012) (SPOILERS)
Posted by bwood, Fri Sep-14-12 12:19 PM
I'll try to tread VERY lightly for y'all cause the less you know the more rewarding this is.

I gotta say I loved this one the most out of all three. It moves. At two hours and forty five minutes, it feels like a two hour film. This had the most focused plot line out of all three and every character (except for Juno Temple's character) has something major to do. And I was genuinely scared during the fights with Bane. It like watching a pitbull rip apart a puppy. The theme of pain is there from the beginning as literally Bruce, Alfred, and Gordon(except for Lucius Fox) is suffering mentally after what happened eight years earlier. Bruce is also suffering physically from his wounds. And when Bane enters the picture EVERYONE suffers both physically and mentally.

What makes Bane awesome is the way he breaks people down. Either he'll kill your spirit and soul or he'll kill you physically. Or both. What makes this emotionally rewarding is the amazing prison sequence. This alone should get the film a BP nod as no sequence in recent memory has made a character that more deserving and rewarding when he gets to his goal. The prison is a pit that literally feels like hell and it's backstory along with the backstory of a few characters in this film ties directly back into the narrative of Batman Begins and brings this thing full circle. Also, the action sequences in this film are some of the craziest ever put on film. This shit is gonna be like The Avengers where people are gonna go back and back just to watch the climax. Or the prison sequence. And as for Anne Hathaway. She murders it. But I know you niggas are gonna shit on really fine and good performance. What makes Catwoman so interesting is that we never know her backstory. And we don't need to.

Also, that fucking chant. It's awesome. It also makes the prison sequence that much better and I love how it's all over the score, which is fan-fucking-tastic.

Avoid spoilers. The cameos in this are gonna have people going wild. And see this on the biggest and loudest IMAX you can.

I love how this wraps up the story, but still leaves enough room just in case everyone changes their mind.