Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectYou and ThePro both voted for three of the ten winners.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=105802&mesg_id=105827
105827, You and ThePro both voted for three of the ten winners.
Posted by Frank Longo, Fri Mar-08-13 01:00 PM
Most of the things ThePro gave 5 or 4 points to was nominated, and three of the ten won.

No, Killer Joe and The Raid: Redemption weren't rewarded but most of what you gave high votes to won or was nominated.

Only four of my ten winners won the actual Lattes. Again, my high point totals were mostly nominated. Same as you, though my Cosmopolis love didn't even pay off in a single nomination for the film.

The Lattes never reflect everyone's opinions perfectly. But everyone usually gets three or four of their winners to win, and many of the things you give 5 or 4 points to have good odds at getting nominated. That's just how it works.

The "artsiest" nominations, undoubtedly every year given in one or two ballots, are usually the ones that get ZERO wins and very few nominations on the ballots.

So I don't think there's anything inherently wrong or elitist with this list. Just as with any voting body, everybody usually gets something, and no one gets everything.

The Master didn't make my Top 5, but no one sees me screaming in here, lol.