Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectIncredible
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=10521&mesg_id=10571
10571, Incredible
Posted by raool, Sat Feb-22-03 05:07 PM
I didn't know what to expect bu this is arguably one of my favourite movies these past 18 months.
I knew I would like it when I saw the first scenes.I've lived in a third world country and seeing the live chicken made me smile.

I was impressed on how touched I was by so many charcaters in such a little time. Very strong storytelling!
One scene I particularly enjoyed was Benny's farewell's party. It was nice to see the many groups that form Brazil's youth at that time.
Yes, it was violent but it was never cheap violence we are used to in American movies. We have to remember that street kids are still dying in Brazil.
The director showed many aspects of Brazil's life without ever being patronizing. For example, white privilege was shown when Tiago ( the readhead guy) had to go buy clothes for Benny.
I dont'own a DVD player but for this movie, I am willing to get one and cope the DVD as soon as it comes out.

I need a poster!