Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectmoney...this isn't fucking art. it's business.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=105153&mesg_id=105160
105160, money...this isn't fucking art. it's business.
Posted by Basaglia, Mon Jun-25-07 05:47 AM

all i care about is that black filmmakers keep getting opportunities. and if the shit that sells starts tanking, these niggas who wanna see "quirky" black movies are outta their fucking minds if they think those kinds of movies will start getting greenlighted more often. all these black folks, in front and behind the camera, gonna lose jobs...and for what? 'cause some smarty art niggas didn't like "white girls" or "madea"? fucking niggas, man...FUCKIN NIGGAS!!! always holding each other back with the stupidest fuckin shit!!!

is it that painful to admit that the masses of black people don't fucking like rushmore and don't care to see a black version of rushmore?

^^^nobody...cares...nigga. black folk don't wanna see it!!!

these dudes talk all this shit and don't see akeelah and the bee. i can't get over it. talking about it was heavyhanded...LIKE ALL RON HOWARD'S SHIT AIN'T HEAVYHANDED, WITH HIS STUPID ASS "CRY NOW" MUSIC!!!

what's kills me is that black folks who like tyler perry shit and the wayans brothers ain't fucking with nobody...they pay to have a good time. if they like it...SO? you MAD because they like it? you can hate all you want, but don't sit there and look down on them for liking what they like, because they don't give a shit if you like borat, which MOST black people find fucking stupid.

as far as i'm concerned, none of these niggas can say shit to me because i support ALL black films...ALL OF THEM! because there should be a place of good and bad black filmmakers, just as there is a place for good and bad white ones. BECAUSE THAT'S FUCKING EQUALITY!!! that's the way it SHOULD be!!!

i'll tell you what: when the next akeelah or the visit comes out and y'all naysaying ass niggas don't go see it, we gonna talk about it.