Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectwhat? nah, the whole point is the series NEEDS a reboot
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=102578&mesg_id=102630
102630, what? nah, the whole point is the series NEEDS a reboot
Posted by celery77, Sat May-02-09 02:45 PM
it's a great franchise with a loyal legion of fans, but for the past decade or so, Paramount has been woefully underserving them.

Somebody has taken up the franchise mantle and prettied it up.

I haven't even really watched any Star Trek since Deep Space 9, but I, and a bunch of my friends, are going to be at the front of the line on Friday to see this one. I *want* to love outer space adventure stories, but this franchise hasn't given me a reason to be excited about them until I heard about this film. Shit, even Star Wars managed to completely piss off their fanbase. People are DYING to see a good space adventure, it's been a while. Shatner's involvement would hinder more than help this film.

Oh, and, meanwhile comic book fans have been getting the best comic films of their lives recently (X-Men films, Iron Man, Nolan Batman films (although, yes, I personally hated them), even Watchmen, and Sin City, and 300). The bar has been raised, and Wolvy seems to be indicating that the comic film market is a little saturated.