Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectactually YOU started this subject
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=99215&mesg_id=99331
99331, actually YOU started this subject
Posted by gluvnast, Wed Jul-16-08 06:48 PM
this whole post was about nolan's career as a director and added the dark knight because of the overwhelmingly positive reviews...something you cannot argue with

but, you got a PESSIMISTIC streak in you that refuses to accept the fact that alot of people that SEEN the film is calling a masterpiece or near masterpiece, and stay arguementive with your point as if this movie is going to suck...

i merely stated a point about how it's only people from new york (which is only 6 people out of 120) that are saying anything negative about the movie, and most of it is not because of the directing, or the action, or the acting more or less because of the vibe of the film vs. traditional batman movies or tv or animated series and want to hate this movie because it's different from the mode...i gave them the benefit of the doubt being that it's ONLY new york critics that feel "uncomfortable" of a movie that is based on whut could happen if another 9/11 would happen due to the fact that it's so close to home...

but, you want to ride your defense for them regardless of how some of their statements appear asinine like criticizing one's performance as "bad" as an oscar winner or criticizing the feel of the movie because it's not like a surreal fantasy like a typical tim burton movie...and basically MAKES me want to see the movie more rather than reject it

but hey, you already pre-conditioned to hate this movie, so...it is whut it is