Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectYou really aren't making any sense
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=99215&mesg_id=99237
99237, You really aren't making any sense
Posted by SoulHonky, Wed Jul-16-08 10:32 AM
This discussion started because a person said a movie was good, citing the RT meter as his sole evidence. THAT is the point I'm (and I think Will) is arguing against. Your whole lecture on how to take recommendations on film is off point.

You claim that the entire point of Rotten Tomatoes are the percentages. You claim that they are good indicators of whether a movie is good or not. Will and I point out that they don't work for us and we don't agree with the percentages. Your response is to do more research (which invalidates the "whole point" of Rotten Tomatoes which you said were the percentages) or that we should "move on", which is our whole argument (people need to move on from RT because it's not a good indicator).

In the end, the whole point, as Will has said, is that using the RT score as any sort of evidence that a movie good doesn't work and isn't the be-all, end-all that some people like to think it is.