Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectit's a percentage guys...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=99215&mesg_id=99229
99229, it's a percentage guys...
Posted by m, Wed Jul-16-08 02:45 AM
surely there are folks that saw "ironman" and "wall-e" this summer and wondered about the 90%+ ratings. those ten people were part of the batch that didn't like those films.

>Indy 4 and Wanted were over 75% and I thought they both sucked.

then consider yourself part of the 25% and move on ;)

>Hancock was entertaining but only got a 37%.

consider yourself part of the 63% that thought so... i mean, i find it shocking that "the happening" actually received such a high rating at 19%, but it doesn't cause me to question the system...

>The Tomato-Meter has been off this summer IMO.

i don't think so. if you do your research (read a couple of reviews -- then check the reviewer's other ratings of movies you did/didn't like), you'll generally find that what you didn't like about "indy4" and "wanted" was mentioned in those reviews and either you ignored them or took a risk by going to see them.

i personally thought "indy4" was alright (i'd give it 2 or 2 1/2 stars) but i'd not recommend it to the general public. especially if they hadn't seen the previous 3 movies...

as for "wanted" i'd like to see that in the theaters, but not in the shitty theaters that it's showing at here in seattle. if it was showing at pacific place, i would've gone by now because it looks like something that i'll regret not seeing on something bigger than a 46" lcd.

"hancock" looks like a rental. it looked like a rental from the get go. i didn't need to read reviews to tell me that.