Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectI dug it
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=93350&mesg_id=93450
93450, I dug it
Posted by colonelk, Thu Feb-25-10 02:34 AM
Some very vague spoilers to follow:

-I think the majority of the Nazi stuff could go. Just a bit is enough to get us to get wary of Max von Sydow. The dreams in general could have been shorter and had even more impact.

-I'm undecided whether the movies imperviousness to plot hole poking is a good thing or bad thing. The odd cuts and abrupt transitions also have their own built-in defense. A 2nd viewing is probably necessary t determine if this is brilliant or just too-cute-by-half.

-The cast was great. Emily Mortimer was too pretty/prominent for that role, though.

-Personally, I loved the ride in the car with the warden. Acknowledgement that some of the craziest motherfuckers you will meet are people in power.

-I always try to give Marty the benefit of the doubt, but it's like he can't make a movie without drop an N-bomb.

-They really did lobotomize people with a fucking ice pick through the eye like that back then. The history of psychiatry is deeply disturbing.