Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectRE: Spoiler discussion:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=93350&mesg_id=93386
93386, RE: Spoiler discussion:
Posted by SoulHonky, Sat Feb-20-10 08:28 PM
I thought he was playing the part to trick them. I like that it was ambiguous whether or not he regressed and I personally like it better that he chooses to get lobotomized.

On a grander scheme, I like that it kind of shows that spending all of this time to deal with a symptom is pointless if you don't address the main cause of the problem. Whether his subconscious is fooling him or he makes a conscious decision, he'd rather be crazy than have to deal with what happened to him. Kind of reminds me of... well, a couple of movies but I don't want to mention them in case people haven't seen them (although they are both a few years old by now)

EDIT: And there's no way IMO that he was NEVER crazy. I mean, that would require WAY too many coincidences (although there are still some parts IMO that don't quite fit the role play story). Not saying people here are saying that but some people after the movie were holding out hope that that might be true.