Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectSinister, schminister...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=86536&mesg_id=86716
86716, Sinister, schminister...
Posted by FamisZhackPierre, Thu Mar-11-10 11:30 PM
Wow...you're kinda hype, huh? And funny too...

I didn't say that Tarantino himself was sinister, I said that an audience of white people laughing at that line felt sinister to me. Maybe insidious would've been a better word--basically, something that on the surface can be dismissed as acceptable, but is possibly--possibly I say, covering up something malicious.

This thread isn't about making a difference, or pointing out the truly sinister forces in the world...never did I argue that "the dead nigger(you like that I typed that?)" storage line should be anyone's focus. The thread is specifically about Scorsese, and the line in Pulp Fiction came up--you mentioned it--and I responded to your comments about it.

How you got "laser light focus," as you call it, out of that...or, that anyone in here, including me, is implying that this particular issue will make a difference is beyond me.

But you keep on using your laser focus skills to point out how much more racist Tyler's work is than various white directors benign usage of the word n*gger b/c the latter doesn't bother you, or making insane analogies between Marty/QT's use of the term and the usage by Carlin or Ralph Bakshi...surely this type of thinking will lead to a true difference, like exposing the sinister Republicans.

Basically, what the fuck are you talking about, man?

blah, blah, blah...%95 of all these boards are about clowning anyway...