Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectI do disagree, and will leave it here.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=85343&mesg_id=85448
85448, I do disagree, and will leave it here.
Posted by ZooTown74, Tue Feb-01-11 10:28 PM
And I don't know how you missed me praising Malik Sayeed's cinematography as one of Clockers' strengths, along with the acting (Delroy Lindo, Mekhi Phifer, Isiah Washington delivered fine performances)

I mean, these are things that I mentioned. Yet, I'm "not making a real case" for the strengths of Clockers (as if writing an essay on the great things about Clockers is going to change your mind in spite of your spirited testimony to/evidence of "four states" worth of unanimous praise for, and endless cable showings of, Dead Presidents*) and I'm also just detailing "what's wrong with Dead Presidents." Okay, player.

Also, kudos for trying to frame the discussion in such a way that it's apparently an affront to decency and common sense to like Clockers and/or prefer it to Dead Presidents.

It's at this point where I jump off this ride.

*the repeated airings of a film on cable has just about ZERO to do with the quality/popularity of the film. But hey, the "it's popular!!!" argument works elsewhere, right, why not use it here too?

twitter.com/LetsStay2Gether

also on Facebook

I WILL NOT LET YOU FORGET IT