Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectC.B. Radio
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=7601&mesg_id=7738
7738, C.B. Radio
Posted by johnbook, Fri Aug-22-03 07:47 PM
Back in 1978, the only way people could communicate was phone and the mail. The C.B. Radio was created for the truckers, but it would become a phenomenon when they were put on the market for consumer use.

In Hawai'i, a C.B. Radio was a "mainland" item since there was no trucker culture in Hawai'i. We had trucks that moved things from the docks to the various warehouse centers, but it wasn't (and still isn't) as big as it is elsewhere.

However, you could have a C.B. Radio and be able to talk to people, maybe even truckers. In "I Love The 70's" they joked on how America wanted to speak to America, and that it was pathetic for anyone to want to talk to random strangers for the sake of hearing a voice, wanting to have a conversation with someone unknown. Today we have the internet, and it's no different. C.B. radio as far as a communications medium is limited to the nerds whose short wave systems are down.

So pick up good buddie, look behind you 'cuz there's a Pregnant Rollerskate about to approach.

p.e.a.c.e.
-John Book

"Great album, and so good to hear labels like yourselves releasing the music you totally believe in, respect. Love the Flevans piano roller, and John Book's party breaks." -LTJ Bukem