Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjecti think the key thing to remember
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=48573&mesg_id=48625
48625, i think the key thing to remember
Posted by rob, Wed Aug-02-06 05:34 AM
is that this isn't an isolated incident. gibson has had a recent track record which seems to point towards bigotry. it's not the drunken words that are talking, it's the moves and movies he made.

whats in insulting is that he's going the "i'm admitting i have a problem" route without REALLY addressing what about mel needs to be changed. he's not really taking responsibility for being a bigot with fame/money/power and an agenda. he's only taking responsibility for saying some stupid shit while drunk.

if you let loose some other lover's name in bed, you don't get off without someone expecting a THOROUGH investigation of your fidelity. mel seems to be going for a "sorry there jews. i ain't gonna lie, she looked pretty sexy, but it was wrong of me to...but...yo...i didn't fuck her. honest. thats not the kind of relationships i believe in."

and we haven't even gotten into the whole defamation league, "hateful words", "harmony" shit. i'm so pissed off at everyone involved or who will become involved in this apology.

but maybe mel will come to see (or will be made to see) he has some atoning to do. we can hope.