Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectA few questions Ms. Hutzel...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=47993&mesg_id=48064
48064, A few questions Ms. Hutzel...
Posted by Big Chief Rumbletummy, Wed Oct-04-06 01:38 PM
> since I was only a cast member on SNL for a relatively short time. (I'm Melanie Hutzel.)

Did Siobhan Fallon's feet stink really bad? She looked like the type who'd have poor foot hygiene.

Did Beth Cahill always walk around and do that devastatingly hilarious "I am from Chicago" accent? That was priceless! I bet she did, and I bet you all could not stop laughing very hard at it! Then I bet she'd do it some more! I know I would! Exclamation!

SNL Producer Lorne Michaels is known for giving nick names to his favorite cast members, very often coining a term that describe a person's contribution to the show. For instance, he often referred to Phil Hartman as "the glue" of SNL, meaning he held the show together. He labeled Will Ferrell his "go-to guy" due to his ability to always win the audience over no matter how bad a sketch was doing. How did you respond to Lorne alternately referring to you as "sketch killer", "woefully untalented hopelessly unfunny", "THE FUCK was I thinking?" and "the mistake"?

This is your "cast photo" from the 1994-95 season. How have you changed since? http://whyquit.com/whyquit/vonBehrens_big.jpg

You've been ranked alongside some of the legendary talents to appear on SNL: Terry Sweeney, Ann Risley, Gary Kroeger, etc. And your looks have been compared to such photogenic SNLers as: Brad and Rich Hall. I guess the question is this: How have you managed the immense pressure that goes with being hailed as "the Denny Dillon of our generation"?

Was it hard for you, as a female cast member in a boy's club, to compete for airtime? The male cast members, all of whom were far more talented than you in all aspects of comedy, as well as the female cast members, all of whom were far more talented than you in all aspects of comedy, as well as the musical guests, all of whom were far more talented than you in all aspects of comedy, GE Smith and the Saturday Night Live band, all of whom were far more talented than you in all aspects of comedy (even that monkey looking dude!), not to mention the teamster set builders, all of whom were far more talented than you in all aspects of comedy, and former-yet-still-constantly-reappearing-cast-member Jon Lovitz, who you are far more talented than in all aspects of comedy save the spit take, seemed to take away from your spotlight. I don't think we ever got to see your diverse comedic range of playing: sorority chicks, ugly chicks, ugly sorority chicks, dumb ugly sorority chicks, sorority chicks who are dumb and not-so-good looking, and Tori Spelling. Where, when, and in what are we going to see you appear next, and what will be on other channels so we can all cover our bases?