Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectThe Big Fat Graphic Novel Post
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=47114&mesg_id=47114
47114, The Big Fat Graphic Novel Post
Posted by buckshot defunct, Wed Jan-04-06 01:58 AM
I wanna talk about graphic novels. Yeah, all of them.

Let's keep the introductions short and sweet and get down with the get down. Post a title and author of a Graphic Novel you've read (or would like to know more about), and discuss. Likes and dislikes. Questions and comments. Concerns and misgivings.

Noteworthy Items:
It will probably be in our best interests to keep the definition of "graphic novel" as loose as possible. OGN's, Trade Paperbacks, Serials, you name it. I'm talking about extended sequential art narratives here. Hell, I suppose the very definition of 'graphic novel' is up for debate, too.

Now, personally I'm gonna try to steer clear of the superhero stuff for the most part, but that in no way means that the superhero stuff is invalid. I just feel like giving the 'other' stuff some shine for a minute. Yes, I'm getting my comic snob on.

So with a Frapallottamochachino in one hand, and a tattered copy of "Uncle Spanky's Barnyard Fun Comix #4" (1932, Top Notch Comics, Inc., 'Very Fine' Condition), I wish you all a pleasant posting experience.

Let's do this.