Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectforget the movie, let's talk about the audience
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=45756&mesg_id=45812
45812, forget the movie, let's talk about the audience
Posted by buckshot defunct, Wed Jun-28-06 09:58 AM
At my theater it was a very loud, very enthusiastic, very ... eclectic bunch.

There were more Superman T-shirts than I ever care to see in one place again, and a lot of these people looked like they haven't left their house since the last time Superman had a movie in the theater.

2 women to my right were discussing the multiverse.

Before the movie, they had a guy out front doing Superman trivia, and if you answered a question correctly you won a sampling of the same Superman crap they were giving away for free in the lobby. It was cool though. People were really getting into it.

The problem was, some of the trivia questions related to the movie itself. Here I'd gone out of my way to avoid reviews and spoilers, and 10 minutes before the previews role, this guy hits me with 'What instrument does Superman's kid play?' Ah, so it *IS* his kid. Thanks a heap, asshole!!

Anyway, the house was packed and everybody seemed to enjoy themselves. You could tell there was about a 50/50 split when it came to the kid though. Some people loved it, others were gnashing their teeth in fanboy agony.