Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectYou say two different things...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=42207&mesg_id=42297
42297, You say two different things...
Posted by SoulHonky, Sun Mar-26-06 01:54 PM
"c. this is what lee should have been doing all along. making genre pictures that still undeniably bear his stamp. you don't have to make a protest film, a documentary or a michael moore editorial to explore issues of race, class, corporations getting there founding funds from the exploitation of some of histories greatest tragedies. genre films provide the perfect mode to slip the message when no one is looking. enterain and the audience will let you educate.

i really hope this film is a financial success so that lee can leverage the success of this picture to doing whatever personal projects he'd like with full studio support"

Well, his personal projects aren't going to be the genre pictures that bear his stamp. I really wish he'd stick with Clockers, 25th Hour, Inside Man and stay away from his personal projects. Lately, his best films are the ones where he works off someone else's script (I'd throw Get On The Bus in there as well)

And I didn't pick up on the Volkswagon.