Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectThis guy clearly believes that 'funny' = LOL
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=36924&mesg_id=36992
36992, This guy clearly believes that 'funny' = LOL
Posted by ZooTown74, Thu Feb-23-06 04:43 AM
And doesn't quite understand that just because something isn't exactly "LOL" doesn't mean it's not "funny."

So when he asks us BBC fans if we "laughed," and our answer is anything short of "yes, YES, Jesus, I LOLd all night long," then we're somehow proving his point that the show is "NOT FUNNY AT ALL." Chuckles, (relatable) groans, and slow burns don't count. To him, those aren't "funny."

Yes, Ricky Gervais' version of the show does have some LOL moments, as Frank Longo has pointed out, but the show's really not about "LOL, that was sooooooo funny" moments. And no, that doesn't mean it's about "drama," either.

And can we please drop the "it's cool to hate American shit, so I can see why you snobbby guys don't like the American version" plea copping? Can it be that some cats simply understand and appreciate other types of humor beside the "I LOL'd, so I'm entertained" style?
___________________________________________________________________________________________
<----- Daddy's Comin' Home.

(and no, you can't click the link)