Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectRed-winged blackbirds! THAT'S what they were!!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=36490&mesg_id=36507
36507, Red-winged blackbirds! THAT'S what they were!!
Posted by buckshot defunct, Fri Mar-10-06 05:39 PM
It was scary as shit, too, because I was out running alone and enjoying the farm country, quite literally in the middle of nowhere. I think the nearest town was a good 6 miles away at that point, and a flock of these little fuckers just swarmed on my ass, tugging at my hair and stuff. I'd swat at them, and it did nothing. They'd just peck at my hands. I basically just had to duck down and run for it. I lived.

I had a goose beak the crap out of my leg once as well. Again I was running. And underestimating a bird's capacity for hate.

There's an owl around my place that's been giving me some shit lately. I'll keep you posted on that one.

The birds aren't as bad as the dogs though. But so far my scariest animal encounters were the alligator and the mountain lions (those were 2 separate occasions, just to be clear)

Basically what I'm saying is I should probably have my own reality series on Animal Planet.