Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectRE: The Official PTP "Dreamgirls" Post
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=36319&mesg_id=36407
36407, RE: The Official PTP "Dreamgirls" Post
Posted by Odyssee, Thu Dec-28-06 10:50 PM
- why folx clap when jennifer sings a song. she's good, but she cant hear you clapping--stop it
- why folx hate on beyonce's performance--she was her character, as was everyone else in the movie
- why ppl say b cant take the back seat

beyonce & jennifer received the same amount of screen time in the movie and they both were given original songs

i for one didn't see effie as the underdog. she was stubborn and stupid. curtis did alot of wrong, but all that mess wasnt his fault. they were just as much to blame (except for when he stole effie's song and had deena redo it--although i liked the disco version).

i think folx hate on beyonce because she has talent and is pretty. it's not her fault. it reminds me of the pretty girl, smart person, or good girl/boy in school that folx hate on just because. i'm sure she gets tired of being the "pretty one"

the movie was good, but not as good as everyone makes it out to be. dont think its oscar material, but most of the movies that get nominated shouldnt be there anyway

i will be getting the soundtrack b/c "JIMMY WANT MORE....."