Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectDude....duuuuuuuude...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=34491&mesg_id=34581
34581, Dude....duuuuuuuude...
Posted by Slim Ass Rivets, Fri Jun-03-05 01:01 PM
>To commemorate my 10,000th post, I have a new type of post to
>make. I've learned more on this forum about films/TV

I agree with you on the level of knowledge around here being more informative than even most film-related sites. It seems like since it became PTP and not Reviews it has become the most entertaining forum on here (for me anyway). The focused nature of exclusive movie and TV talk brings out the passionate film heads. (And apparently people are passing the popcorn around ye olde comic book shoppes quite a bit as wll). I think that same focused nature of the posting has allowed this forum to develop into a place where the film fans among us can all come to bicker backer and forther like they would in Sports about Kobe and AI, like they would in The Lesson about illmatic and Dilla, like they would in OKArtist about Black Thought's nuts or Talib Kweli's balls, like they would in Activist about evil white people or white people who are evil, and like they NEVER EVER do in GD because it is all friends and hugs and kissies and bunny rabbits and unicorns in there.

As I have become older and more mature I don't really argue sports and/or music with the old passion as much anymore but I still very much use films and TV shows as "litmus tests" to judge people. I do this with no compunction. Thats what I like so much about this particular forum, it seems a lot of people do the same exact thing.

For exmple...you posted THIS above:

The Godfather
The Godfather II
Scent of a Woman
The Insider
"Angels in America"

I haven't seen Angles In America, but if I understand correctly he plys RAY Cohn, right? Well, RAY was such absolute cock-sucker (in both the good and bad ways) that I'm sure Pacino was totally engrossing as the despicable RAY Cohn. Like I said, I haven't seen it so that can sty undisputed. The Godfather movies are interesting, even though obvious, choices and I have no problem with them being on the list. I may put II ahead of I but that's just because in Part I he didn't yet know Hymen Roth was really his father and he turns in one hell of an acting job at the end of 2 when Roth Vader cuts his hand off when they're fighting in Cloud City. Okay, so far we agree on Godfather I & II and Im not gonna have an opinion one way or another on AIA. So tht leaves us with Insider and SOAW. Okay, the Insider was...I dunno...it just, was. Nothing about Pacino in that movie was memorable to me. Nothing about the movie itself was really memorable with the exception of: Russell Crowe's albinish hairstyle and the ex-WKRP Station Manager Andy Travis sighting. (sadly...no Mrs. Carlson, though)

(TO BE CONTINUED...I HAVE A MEETING...I HOPE I CAN SOME BACK TO EDIT...LONG STORY SHORT...YOU NEED TO PULL YOUR HEAD OUTTA YOUR ASS ON THAT SCENT OF A WOMAN CALL...HOOO-AHHHH)