Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectRE: How often do you watch movies made before 1970?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=32192&mesg_id=32260
32260, RE: How often do you watch movies made before 1970?
Posted by ZooTown74, Thu Feb-09-06 02:30 AM
C

>If you answered "C", what are some of the pre-1970 movies
>you've been meaning to get to? Do they have priority?

After seeing Capote, I would really like to take another look at In Cold Blood, as it's been a while since I've seen it... and after peeping Paul McCartney on the Grammy's I was reminded I still have yet to see Help! and A Hard Day's Night in their entirety...

Right now, I simply don't have the time to look at *new* DVDs, much less older films... I'm mainly watching TV shows right now...

>PART THREE.
>
>If you can think back to the kind of "movie watcher" you were
>just five years ago or so, how dramatically, if at all, has
>your tendency towards pre-1970 film changed? If you can
>identify the source of the change, what was it?

My tendencies toward pre-70s films has changed dramatically from the film school days... back when I had time to dig into movies like Vertigo, Marty, The Robe, Breakfast at Tiffany's, The Apartment, The Fortune Cookie, Dr. No, Our Man Flint, Dr. Strangelove, Fail Safe, etc... the time simply isn't there now... for me, the change came about after I moved to Los Angeles in 1999... I graduated from school a year earlier... when I was in school I worked in the A-V department, and so I had access to lots of movies from our schools' film library... that changed when I left Michigan... even being out here at the AFI graduate program, with their great film library, our focus was still mostly on post-70s movies... with a Masculin-Feminin and Psycho thrown in every now and then... so if I *had* to pinpoint a particular event, it was my move to Los Angeles...
________________________________________________________________________________________
upn r.i.p.
1995-2006

i've seen the future, and it will be.