Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectokay, so you agree that Batman loses a fair fight
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=26079&mesg_id=26135
26135, okay, so you agree that Batman loses a fair fight
Posted by McDeezNuts, Tue Jul-12-05 02:56 PM
>RE: Anyone on that list can beat Batman badly.

Good to see that. Most of these fools won't admit it. That's all I'm saying, really.

>But to sit here and think Batman is meeting any of these
>fools at high noon on their turf is ludcrious.

Isn't it equally ludicrous for:
- Superman to fight Batman after Batman has acquired a bunch of Kryptonite
- Professor X to fight Batman after he's built his Juggernaut helmet
- Hulk to fight Batman after he's got his anti-gamma ray gun or whatever
- Spiderman to fight Batman after... whatever he does to prepare for Spidey

You're saying Batman would never enter a fight he can't win. He would avoid the fight until he had the advantage. So of course that's why you think he wins.

Why wouldn't his opponent do the same?
- Superman can fly around overhead scanning for Bats with his x-ray vision. When he finds him, blast the whole building with his heat vision until Batman is dead.
- Professor X can wait until Batman eventually takes off his helmet. Then his brain gets fried.
- If Batman avoids the Hulk until he becomes Banner, then Banner would avoid Batman until he turns back into Hulk. Banner is smarter than Batman anyway.
- Spiderman is just as smart as Batman and could wait until HE had the advantage over Batman (which is basically anytime Batman doesn't have a surprise attack)

My opinion of a fair fight is on neutral turf, zero (or equal) time to prepare, and the two dudes battle it out. Almost all of them beat Batman.

You can rig the fight so Batman wins, but you can also rig the fight so Batman loses.

My point is that if the fight is fair and not rigged for anyone, Batman usually loses.