Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjecto i TOTALLY disagree...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=22145&mesg_id=22206
22206, o i TOTALLY disagree...
Posted by morpheme, Sun Feb-27-05 05:14 AM
w/the reviews it's gotten...i've not read many but of what i've read they acted like spike tried to reinvent the wheel in the shape of a blk fist or some shit -totally uncalled for

i was just thinkin about sumthin i thought about one of the times i re-watched it, now stay w/me now: u recall when jack went to mafia's father's house {john tuturro} & how -somehow- he brings up the fact that rappers are always tryin to be mafia but never will be, it's blood so on & so forth...well okay, mafia are always tryin to be mario puzo mafia...this muthafucka sat up & gave a rendition frum "THE GODFATHER" as if it isn't the blk hand handguide or some shit...they {mafioso} act like the corleones were/are actual real live ppl, like they're part of a legacy or sumthin...true, it was a statement that had to be made about what blk artists do commerically, but u have italian americans who are basin entire existences off of what was depicted in the movie...everybody wants to be a don, everybody wants to be michael & his daddy...nobody wants to be fredo...what about THAT for wannabeism???

had another point, but i forgot it...but i don't know if spike intended to showcase that hypocricy or if it's incumbent upon the watcher to make that distinction himself