Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectRE: Bamboozled's NEW Ending
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=19574&mesg_id=19598
19598, RE: Bamboozled's NEW Ending
Posted by BigWorm, Fri May-11-01 05:51 AM
What shouldn't have happened:

-Mantan quits.
-Mantan gets kidnapped.
-Mantan dies, De la dies, all the Mau Maus but Serch dies.

From the point at which the movie turns from bitingly funny satire to stoopid melodrama with deep moral center, that's when it goes bad. Spike Lee uses the word satire throughout the movie but I don't think he ever really got it.

A good satire should be wickedly funny throughout, and by the end all the jokes should strike a nervous, even disturbing chord with the audience. You know, when you turn the all the jokes inside out.

I think there should have been more conflict within De La, between him trying to do something meaningful and trying to be successful.

In the end, it would have been more meaningful if the show was bigger than ever, and de la completely sold out, and the characters that were fired or killed were the ones on the side of good. I mean, look at tv now, we do still have shit on tv that pervails because of white execs that think they know "black people".

1Love,
BigPerm

LATER FOR YOU.

IN THE DECK:

Lenny Williams - Spark of Love @@@@
Curtis Mayfield - Superfly @@@@@
Buju Banton - Unchained Spirit @@@
Stone Temple Pilots - Core @@@@1/2 (dammit, the used CD I got was jacked up! the nerve!)
Kool G Rap and DJ Polo - Road to the Riches @@@@1/2
Slimm Calhoun - The Skinny @@@1/2
The Pixies - Come on Pilgram @@@1/2

can someone please tell me when all the great hip-hop albums are going to be released???