Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectgreat, but alot of air time wasted
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=17721&mesg_id=17748
17748, great, but alot of air time wasted
Posted by ZioN, Sat Sep-29-01 10:07 PM

yeah well, seinfeld is by far my favourite tv show...ever. People don't see the genius of the whole thing. Sometimes I watch episodes with friends that aren't into it and george and jerry will be having a conversation about the most bullshit situation...like, cape wearing lawyers and they think it's supposed to be serious or that they are just pushing a concept too far but what they don't realise it's the same shit that they talk about day to day. Seinfeld makes fun of everyone and they don't know it. Subtle

But my only problem with they show is the first two series. With the exception of a few episodes here and there...i can't really watch em. They only really started pushing things to the limit in the fourth series and onwards. Kramer came out as being Kramer. Flying through Jerry's door. Crazy shit.
The genius started coming out in the writing.

In the first few series, I think Jerry was trying a little too hard but by the end, it was a masterpiece.

anyway, that's my two cents

giddyup