Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectRE: Ali
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=17050&mesg_id=17118
17118, RE: Ali
Posted by coldestwinterevr, Sat Dec-29-01 01:49 PM
I did not leave as elated as I thought I would be...Smith's performance improved as the movie went on...but there were too many scenes w/o dialogue for a man known for his gift of gab! The fight scenes were way too long....Jada did an outstanding job...Jamie Foxx best supporting actor in my view...he almost stole the show from Will....I am still not clear on how they met...a dude you don't knwo just walks up in your yard and becomes your trainer? ....I thought it'd have been nice to have had Laila referred to at some point...even her birth, to show his legacy continuing in some way....Ali almost had a "Why do fools fall in love?" thing going on there between Khalila and Veronica...I hate,hate,hate to say it, but this is not Oscar material...it's not Will's fault...they didn't give him enough substance to work with.

What I'm Feelin'Right Now:

* Sprite re-running the mid-90s freestyle commercials. (Pete Rock/CL, Grand Poob',etc.)
* That new Blaque single produced by Salaam Remy... ish's funky, say what u want to.
* MTV2.
* Coach bucket hats. (signature and leather).
* Nikka Costa.
* Starbuck's coffee.