Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectim not sure...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=16173&mesg_id=16232
16232, im not sure...
Posted by SankofaII, Tue Feb-19-02 10:29 AM
>Just so as to understand what
>you guys are saying here...
>
>
>In movies, Penelope Cruz is treated
>as a white person.
>
>That's what I'm hearing here.
>
if thats what im saying...probably, but im out of it today. i was more talking about the fact that you were saying Thandie Newton could be used as an example in this when i dont think shes really done enough films to be used as evidence...save for theones ive named, her characters ARE obviously black. actually scratch LOADED and YOUNG AMERICANS off the list (i think her character is black in those films)...but: MI:2 The Leading Man the BBC date rape biopic, and The Truth About Charlie i think THESE are ones in which her race isnt an issue--i wont say she's treated as an exotic, but there is never any VERBAL mention of her being black (obviously,there's a visual mention).

who knows who cares? Thandie can ACT and thats all thatmatters...penelope--well you be the judge.
Ryan

"Self love, my liege, is not so vile a sin as self-neglecting."
--Shakespere

donwill on the internet:
i look at the web like its a video game...who cares if some shithead dont like u, think about it...when u log off...u log off..when they log off..they go meet each other..it doesnt stop for them...