Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectOh, and I think you mean De Niro and Angela Bassett
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=16173&mesg_id=16218
16218, Oh, and I think you mean De Niro and Angela Bassett
Posted by izzattafakt, Mon Feb-18-02 10:41 AM
I actually liked that they didn't have a sex scene in "the Score". It didn't really fit the tone of the film. And I think it was nice to see her get respected and not objectified in that way.

I'v heard repeatedly that De Niro has a black wife, BTW. So it also makes me wonder if he had anything to do with her being cast, i.e. was the part written for a black actress? Not to insinuate that Angela couldn't have gotten the part solely on her skills, because we all know she is a phenommenal actress, but you know how Hollywood works...

Oh yeah, and I think in "Cruel Intentions" Sean Patrick Thomas gets it on wiht one of the white girls, but I think they do more of a fondling-and-cutaway thing. And obviously in "Black and White", Power has a little menage in the park with the freaky white chicks, but that movie is based in part on the black sexual myth...But they seem more into each other than they are to him.

peace

Iz

"I am the IZ equals IZ..."
DOVE

"I don't give a fuck who you are / so fuck who you are"
STYLES

"I'm to(o) fly not to(o) fly"
SAUL WILLIAMS